AOPEN warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the owner’s original date of purchase.
- RMA returned products shall be repaired, replaced or credited based on current market value, determined at AOPEN’s sole discretion, within fourteen (14) working days after receipt of returned products.
- The limited warranty does not cover any damage that is caused by improper usage, handling, transportation or packing during the return of products to AOPEN or authorized service providers.
- AOPEN does not have any obligations to provide RMA services if the customer fails to pay any invoices that are past due even if the products are still under warranty.
- This warranty is valid only for the original buyer but not transferable.
DOA (Defective on Arrival) - For Distributors only
- Unless otherwise specified on the applicable sales contract, DOA returns must be requested within 30 days of AOPEN invoice date.
- AOPEN shall be entitled, at its sole discretion, to decide whether DOA product claims are to be replaced with a new product or to be returned for credit based on the original invoice price.
- DOA products must be returned with all original packaging and accessories, otherwise, the value of the missing parts or accessory will be deducted from the credit amount.
- Subject to the terms of point 3 below, distributor will covers all shipping costs, and assumes all risks of loss for product shipments from distributor to AOPEN. Distributor agrees to maintain a general product insurance to fully protect the products that are shipped in the event of any loss or damage during transit.
- Subject to the terms of point 3 below, AOPEN will covers all shipping costs for shipments from AOPEN to distributors in North America, and AOPEN will assume all risks of loss or damage during transit.
- In all cases, all custom duties, tariffs, and costs associated with international customs clearance, and import duties, imposed on product shipments outside of the United States shall be paid for by the distributor, including but not limited to, shipments of defective products to and from AOPEN.
- A valid AOPEN RMA number must be clearly marked on outside of all returned package.
- An approved RMA Request Form must be attached to every shipment as a packing list and the returned goods must match the attached packing list.
- Returned products must be packaged properly to avoid any shipping damage. Any damage or loss of returned goods during transportation shall be the sole responsibility of the shipper.
- Returned motherboard or main board must include original BIOS, CACHE RAM (module) or VRM. Motherboard or main board with missing parts will be returned to customers as NTF (i.e. no trouble found) with freight collect.
- Regular RMA items must not be returned with any accessories (no CPU, fan, etc). AOPEN will not return nor bear responsibility for any accessories shipped along with returned product.
- AOPEN RMA number is valid for 30 days from the date on which the RMA number is issued.
AOPEN Standard RMA Procedure
RMA No. Request
• Customer must request RMA No. on-line at http://online.AOPEN.com/online/opencare/ , email RMA request to aoarma@AOPEN.com, or complete RMA Request Form and submit it by fax to AOPEN RMA department @ (408) 586-1210
• Use one (1) RMA Request Form for each product line by completing Part No., Serial No. and its failure symptom.
Issue RMA No.
• AOPEN RMA department processes the request and verifies that product is within warranty period.
• AOPEN RMA department issues the RMA# within 48 hrs.
• AOPEN RMA number must be clearly marked on the outside of all returned packages.
• Attach the approved RMA Request Form as packing list for every return.
• AOPEN RMA department verifies receipt, and inspects content for product integrity, and processes according to RMA service category.
• AOPEN reserves the right to reject any improper packaging or shipment without RMA No. or approved RMA Request Form, or mismatched serial no. or non-AOPEN products.
• AOPEN RMA department will ship repaired or replaced units within 14 days from the receiving date.
The limited warranty does not cover:
- Failure caused by alteration or repair not performed by AOPEN or AOPEN authorized agents.
- Damages caused by accident, misuse, abuse, electrical surge, negligence, improper shipping, or acts of God.
- The product was not sold as new.
This warranty policy is subject to change without prior notice, AOPEN reserve the right to void the warranty if the product was not purchased from a licensed distributor or reseller.
Additional Limitations on Warranty
AOPEN's warranty does not cover Products which have been received improperly packaged, altered, or physically damaged. Products are to be inspected upon receipt. Below are additional warranty limitations.
- Improperly packaged
- Non-qualified shipping container
- Counterfeit label(s)
- Customer added jumper wires
- Incorrect PCBA on the product
- Labels have been switched:
- - True AOPEN label on non-AOPEN product
- - True AOPEN label on different product
- Labels exhibit tampering
- Label missing standard printing such as model name
- Missing barcode or top cover label
- Serial number on top cover does not match barcode on end
- Broken pins on connector
- Connector(s) or socket(s) are damaged, cracked, missing or broken
- Cracked components on the circuit board
- Dented casting
- Dented top cover
- Deep scratch
- Loose, damaged, or missing screws
- Missing PCBA (Circuit Board)
- Stripped mounting hole threads
Exclusion of Damages
AOPEN IS NOT LIABLE FOR AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, STATUTORY, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, LOSS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY OR LOSS OF USE BASED ON ANY LEGAL THEORY, OR FOR ANY SOFTWARE OR DATA THAT MAY BE LOST DUE TO HARDWARE FAILURE OR SERVICING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS WARRANTY.
Limitation of Implied Warranties
EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN, AOPEN DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY APPLICABLE LAW ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.